Once you have provided the tenant with the below standard documents there are some additional pieces of information it is useful to share with the tenant.
- Tenancy Agreement
- Deposit protection information and certificate
- Gas Safety Certificate
- How to Rent guide for England (England only)
- HMO/Selective/Additional Licence information (If applicable)
- Rent Smart Wales Licence information (if applicable)
- GDPR Privacy notice
You are obligated as a landlord to provide instruction manuals to the tenant for any electrical appliances you provide (washing machine, dryer, oven etc), best practice may be that you have PDF documents saved online that you can share with your tenant. It is useful to ask for them to acknowledge receipt of this information too.
Other documentation which you may want to provide :
- Smoke alarm guidelines
- Inventory disclaimer (this is a note that the tenant confirms they will receive this and acknowledges that they have 7 days to sign it)
- Move in checklist (see below for an example)
- Information about mould and damp
- Legionnaires guidelines
- Maintenance reporting procedure for routine/non-urgent issues and out of hours/emergency issues
- Contact details for yourself and contractors
For further information on what to provide at the start of the tenancy, including your legal obligations, please visit this page: https://www.nrla.org.uk/resources/starting-your-tenancy-checklist.