The tenancies table is also the place where the landlord can create a tenancy. The “Create Tenancy” button is a speedy way to add a tenant and tenancy details to the platform without having to go through the whole applications process.
Landlords may want to do this if you are onboarding an existing tenancy onto the platform or if they’re completing a mid-term change of tenant.
- Select the property
- Add your tenants
- If the tenant has already signed-up you can search their name in the search bar
- If you are creating a tenancy on behalf of the tenant, click “Add Tenant Manually”
- You will need the tenant’s full name, email and phone number
- You also have the option to “invite the tenant to the platform”, selecting yes will send an email to the tenant, when they sign up their profile will be attached to the tenancy
- Owner/Manager - this relates to the property manager or landlord who runs the day-to-day on the platform
- Who is the property owner? This is who legally owns the property
- Select a tenancy agreement or the option to upload your own agreement
- Double check the information on the next page and fill in the required information.
- At the end of the page, you will be shown 2 options of whether to “Send the Agreement” which will send the agreement to the tenants and landlord for signing or “Email me the test” this will send a copy of the agreement to view whether the information is accurate before sending for signatures