In this section we aim to offer some information about how the portal can help you manage your viewing appointments. Booking/Rescheduling and cancelling them online.
How do viewings work?
Using NRLA Portfolio means that tenants are able to book viewings with you directly – and using it will allow you to track any interested parties in relation to their tenancy journey.
If the tenant doesn’t immediately book the viewing an enquiry will come through to our team and we will forward that information to you as soon as possible.
These bookings are not confirmed until you accept them. You and the tenant will receive a notification email.
The viewings page will give you an overview of scheduled viewings. Clicking into the viewing will show more information relating to the viewing such as the property details and the tenant’s contact information. They also have the option to add the viewing to their calendar.
How do I arrange a viewing?
You will be notified that an applicant wants to arrange a viewing. You can see all the information in relation to this on the viewings section of the portal.
It will tell you whether you have to accept or decline the appointment - and offer the full details of the appointment
If a tenant books through the portal you will be notified and be given the option to accept/decline/offer an alternative appointment slot.
You will also be able to access the tenants' information and their prequalification data so that you can make an informed decision as to proceed or not. You will also have the facility to message them directly.
Once you access the details you will have the opportunity to accept the appointment by clicking accept appointment.
CMA guidance states that landlords should give thought to the following when conducting viewings:
- Safety is paramount – ensure you have sufficient details of who is viewing the property, take name address, contact number and email and have safety procedures in place.
- Ensure you have sample tenancy agreements, application forms and details of the property so that you can answer any questions.
- Block viewings may be necessary when there is high demand and/or the property is still being occupied.
- Consider the presentation of the property; simple things like ensuring it is clean, that heating is on, lights have bulbs, rubbish is cleared away can all make a difference.
Can I arrange viewings on behalf of the tenant through Portfolio?
You may wish to engage with and arrange viewings outside of the portal however storing all your viewing information and history in one place is a great benefit.
If the tenant does not have access to arrange through the portal or is on the phone and asks to book - you can add the appointment.
- On the dashboard click on "add a viewing" Follow the steps, adding the tenant's information
- Select the property, date, time, and type of appointment (virtual/in-person)
- Once completed confirm the appointment by clicking the Book Viewing icon
Do I have to do the viewings ?
That's entirely your choice. You can do them yourself or if you are not local or don't have the time you could arrange this through our Partners at Viewber.
You can find out more information here about how this works.
How do I cancel a viewing?
If you have to cancel a viewing appointment the most effective way would be to call the tenants or contact them through text or email.
You can also use NRLA Portfolio to let them know of a change of time/date or a cancellation.
If you access your viewing information and click on the tenants information it will give the option to reschedule the appointment or to cancel the appointment and include any reason why you are no longer carrying out the appointment.